Arizona’s largest hands-on outdoor expo offers loads of fun activities, exhibits and educational presentations for the entire family:
- See live wildlife (hawks, owls, reptiles, more)
- Learn target archery
- Take the kids to the huge catch-and-release fish tanks
- Hike a nature/hunter education field course
- Try out shooting sports in a safe, controlled environment on the shooting range
- See camping demos and get tips on the best ways to set up a camp
- View off-highway vehicle displays and pick up tips on responsible riding
- Arizona Boat Show - boating displays and tips on watercraft recreation and safety
- Try out specialty shooting sports – cowboy action, black powder, practical pistol, trap/skeet, more
- Get hunting, fishing and wildlife-viewing tips from local experts
- Watch cowboy action shooters and mounted cowboy shooters in thrilling displays and competition
- Attend presentations on wildlife conservation and outdoor recreation
- Visit with more than 150 exhibitors and vendors
Best of all, admission and parking are free! You might want to bring a little cash for food and beverages, or for the nominal ammunition charge at some of the shooting venues (for those who want to try out firearms on the range), or if you wish to purchase outdoor products from the variety of vendors who will be exhibiting at the Outdoor Expo.
Gold sponsors of the Arizona Game and Fish Department Outdoor Expo are Cabela’s and Airpark Dodge/Ram/Chrysler/Jeep.
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility is located at 4044 W. Black Canyon Blvd. in Phoenix (located on Carefree Highway, about 1/2 mile west of I-17 – just follow the signs).