The Arizona Game and Fish Department will host six upcoming public open houses where constituents may review and ask questions about the proposed 2013 spring hunt recommendations for turkey, javelina, buffalo, and bear. The recommendations are posted on the department's website at www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.
Each year, the department makes recommendations to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission regarding the management of game species, which establish the seasons, dates, bag limits, open areas, and hunt permit-tag allocations based on the framework of the hunt guidelines set by the commission every two years.
The proposed 2013 spring hunt recommendations will be presented to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission for consideration during its Aug. 4 meeting in Phoenix.
The open houses will be held at these Game and Fish regional offices:
- Thursday, July 26, from 3-5 p.m. at the Kingman regional office, 5325 N. Stockton Hill Road
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 3-5 p.m. at the Pinetop regional office, 2878 E. White Mountain Blvd.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 3-5 p.m. at the Flagstaff regional office, 3500 S. Lake Mary Road
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 3-5 p.m. at the Yuma regional office, 9140 E. 28th St.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 3-5 p.m. at the Tucson regional office, 555 N. Greasewood Road
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, from 3-5 p.m. at the Mesa regional office, 7200 E. University Drive
Constituents who are interested in particular game management units within those regions will have the opportunity to review the hunt recommendations and ask questions. There will not be a formal presentation at these open houses.
“The meetings allow us to meet with sportsmen and other members of the public to answer questions and discuss the direction for the recommendations based on survey data, harvest rates and the hunt guidelines,” said Big Game Management Supervisor Amber Munig.
To learn more about the hunt recommendations and hunt guidelines processes, visit www.azgfd.gov/huntguidelines.